Next Up: The Heart of the Matter
Here’s to book #86: The Heart of the Matter by Graham Greene.
If you’ve been around this blog for a while, you might remember Greene from The Power and the Glory, which was my 36th novel.
Here’s a few facts about my next book and its author:
- The novel was first published in 1948 by Heinemann Publishing House.
- After its release, The Heart of the Matter quickly sold more than 300,000 copies.
- In addition to appearing on the Time list, the novel was listed at #40 on the Modern Library 100.
- It also won the 1948 James Tait Black Award. That’s a big deal.
- The novel was made into a film in 1953 and a television version in 1983.
- Green struggled with bipolar disorder most of his life, and passed away from leukemia in 1991 at the age of 86.
This will also be a good time to bring back around Graham Greene’s strange connection to Shirley Temple.
I’m really looking forward to this one. Who’s read it?