20 Reasons Why Donald Trump Should Never Be President
One astute blog commenter once said that this blog was “the death of art and meaning.” I kind of took that as a compliment. Do you understand the type of power I have to construct a book blog that can single-handedly destroy art?
That brings me to today’s post. As I write this today, one man is attempting to accomplish a feat that only this blog has been accused of. Yet, this man, if he is elected as president, will literally kill all forms of art and meaning. This man…he’s like a powerful Dyson vacuum that sucks up every morsel of art and every particle of meaning tangled in what was once a beautiful Persian-style rug–mainly, because this man probably hates Persians.
So, hey! Did you know Donald Trump is running for president of the United States?
Did you know Donald Trump has written a book?
Did you know, in fact, that Donald Trump has written 18 books?
I use the word “written” loosely, because more than likely a ghostwriter interviewed the guy and wrote the manuscript. Judging by his general abuse of the English language, I’m doubting the quality of Mr. Trump’s skills with the written word.
Anyway, the only thing more shocking than The Donald’s current success in the polls is his sheer lack of any filter with regard to what he says and writes. Donald Trump is what happens when the Westboro Baptist Church runs for president.
I’ll apologize ahead of time for the political nature of this post. But I had to write it. I’m currently watching the nation I love inch closer and closer to electing a womanizing, unabashed racist, vile excuse for a human being as president. And I’m embarrassed.
Besides that, as I said above, Donald Trump has written 18 books–and this is a book blog!
All you need to know about why Donald Trump should never be the president of a Kiwanis Club, much less president of the United States, is easily found in his own books and in the many things he’s said in newspapers, magazines and on television. The man indicts himself. So let’s look at all the reasons–in other words, things he’s actually said–why Donald Trump should never be president. (All of these quotes, plus many more, can be found sourced on Politico)
- “I have a great relationship with the blacks. I’ve always had a great relationship with the blacks.” (Albany’s Talk 1300, April 14, 2011)
- “I have black guys counting my money. … I hate it. The only guys I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes all day.” (USA Today, May 20, 1991)
- “The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive.” (Twitter, Nov. 6, 2012)
- “Who the fuck knows? I mean, really, who knows how much the Japs will pay for Manhattan property these days?” (TIME, January 1989)
- “Jeb Bush has to like the Mexican Illegals because of his wife.” ( Twitter, July 4, 2015)
- “… she does have a very nice figure. I’ve said if Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.” (ABC’s “The View,” March 6, 2006)
- “I’ve known Paris Hilton from the time she’s 12. Her parents are friends of mine, and, you know, the first time I saw her, she walked into the room and I said, ‘Who the hell is that?’ … Well, at 12, I wasn’t interested. I’ve never been into that. They’re sort of always stuck around that 25 category.” (The Howard Stern Show, 2003)
- “If Hillary Clinton can’t satisfy her husband what makes her think she can satisfy America?” (Twitter, April 16, 2015)
- On women: “You have to treat ’em like shit.” (New York magazine, Nov. 9, 1992) CONTRAST THAT QUOTE WITH
- “I cherish women. I want to help women. I’m going to be able to do things for women that no other candidate would be able to do … ” (CNN, Aug. 9, 2015)
- “You know, it really doesn’t matter what they write as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of ass.” (Esquire, 1991)
- “When you need zone changes, you’re political. … You know, I’ll support the Democrats, the Republicans, whatever the hell I have to support.” (BuzzFeed, Feb. 13, 2014)
- “I do whine because I want to win, and I’m not happy about not winning, and I am a whiner, and I keep whining and whining until I win.” (CNN, Aug. 10, 2015)
- “For many years I’ve said that if someone screws you, screw them back. When somebody hurts you, just go after them as viciously and as violently as you can.” (How to Get Rich, 2004)
- John McCain is “not a war hero. … He is a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured, OK?” (Ames, Iowa, July 18, 2015)
- On Megyn Kelly: “bimbo.” (Twitter, Aug. 7, 2015)
- On Bette Midler: “grotesque.” (Twitter, Oct. 28, 2012)
- Arianna Huffington: “a dog.” (Twitter, April 6, 2015)
- “… of course, it’s very hard for them to attack me on looks, because I’m so good looking.” (NBC’s “Meet the Press,” Aug. 9, 2015)
- “The hardest thing for me about raising kids has been finding the time. I know friends who leave their business so they can spend more time with their children, and I say, ‘Gimme a break!’” (New York magazine, Dec. 13, 2004)
Seriously, America. Can you imagine the man who says this kind of stuff negotiating with world leaders? A man who says you have to “treat women like shit?”
I’ve heard many a Trump supporter say they support him because and “he says what people think but don’t want to say.” If that’s the case, people aren’t thinking about much other than insults ’cause that’s pretty much all the man can offer. He certainly hasn’t articulated any sort of plan.
“Make America Great Again,” Donald Trump? America already is great.
Stop it. Please. For the love, stop it! Wake up, America!
Image: Michael Vadon/Wikimedia Commons