20 Reasons Why Donald Trump Should Never Be President

One astute blog commenter once said that this blog was “the death of art and meaning.” I kind of took that as a compliment. Do you understand the type of power I have to construct a book blog that can single-handedly destroy art?

That brings me to today’s post. As I write this today, one man is attempting to accomplish a feat that only this blog has been accused of. Yet, this man, if he is elected as president, will literally kill all forms of art and meaning. This man…he’s like a powerful Dyson vacuum that sucks up every morsel of art and every particle of meaning tangled in what was once a beautiful Persian-style rug–mainly, because this man probably hates Persians.

So, hey! Did you know Donald Trump is running for president of the United States?

Did you know Donald Trump has written a book?

Did you know, in fact, that Donald Trump has written 18 books?

I use the word “written” loosely, because more than likely a ghostwriter interviewed the guy and wrote the manuscript. Judging by his general abuse of the English language, I’m doubting the quality of Mr. Trump’s skills with the written word.

Anyway, the only thing more shocking than The Donald’s current success in the polls is his sheer lack of any filter with regard to what he says and writes. Donald Trump is what happens when the Westboro Baptist Church runs for president.

I’ll apologize ahead of time for the political nature of this post. But I had to write it. I’m currently watching the nation I love inch closer and closer to electing a womanizing, unabashed racist, vile excuse for a human being as president. And I’m embarrassed.

Besides that, as I said above, Donald Trump has written 18 books–and this is a book blog!

All you need to know about why Donald Trump should never be the president of a Kiwanis Club, much less president of the United States, is easily found in his own books and in the many things he’s said in newspapers, magazines and on television. The man indicts himself. So let’s look at all the reasons–in other words, things he’s actually said–why Donald Trump should never be president. (All of these quotes, plus many more, can be found sourced on Politico)

1. “I have a great relationship with the blacks. I’ve always had a great relationship with the blacks.” (Albany’s Talk 1300, April 14, 2011)
      2. “I have black guys counting my money. … I hate it. The only guys I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes all day.” (USA Today, May 20, 1991)
      3. “The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive.” (Twitter, Nov. 6, 2012)
      4. “Who the fuck knows? I mean, really, who knows how much the Japs will pay for Manhattan property these days?” (TIME, January 1989)
      5. “Jeb Bush has to like the Mexican Illegals because of his wife.” ( Twitter, July 4, 2015)
      6. “… she does have a very nice figure. I’ve said if Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.” (ABC’s “The View,” March 6, 2006)
      7. “I’ve known Paris Hilton from the time she’s 12. Her parents are friends of mine, and, you know, the first time I saw her, she walked into the room and I said, ‘Who the hell is that?’ … Well, at 12, I wasn’t interested. I’ve never been into that. They’re sort of always stuck around that 25 category.” (The Howard Stern Show, 2003)
      8. “If Hillary Clinton can’t satisfy her husband what makes her think she can satisfy America?” (Twitter, April 16, 2015)
      9. On women: “You have to treat ’em like shit.” (New York magazine, Nov. 9, 1992)                                                        CONTRAST THAT QUOTE WITH
      10. “I cherish women. I want to help women. I’m going to be able to do things for women that no other candidate would be able to do … ” (CNN, Aug. 9, 2015)
      11. “You know, it really doesn’t matter what they write as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of ass.” (Esquire, 1991)
      12. “When you need zone changes, you’re political. … You know, I’ll support the Democrats, the Republicans, whatever the hell I have to support.” (BuzzFeed, Feb. 13, 2014)
      13. “I do whine because I want to win, and I’m not happy about not winning, and I am a whiner, and I keep whining and whining until I win.” (CNN, Aug. 10, 2015)
      14. “For many years I’ve said that if someone screws you, screw them back. When somebody hurts you, just go after them as viciously and as violently as you can.” (How to Get Rich, 2004)
      15. John McCain is “not a war hero. … He is a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured, OK?” (Ames, Iowa, July 18, 2015)
      16. On Megyn Kelly: “bimbo.” (Twitter, Aug. 7, 2015)
      17. On Bette Midler: “grotesque.” (Twitter, Oct. 28, 2012)
      18. Arianna Huffington: “a dog.” (Twitter, April 6, 2015)
      19. “… of course, it’s very hard for them to attack me on looks, because I’m so good looking.” (NBC’s “Meet the Press,” Aug. 9, 2015)
      20. “The hardest thing for me about raising kids has been finding the time. I know friends who leave their business so they can spend more time with their children, and I say, ‘Gimme a break!’” (New York magazine, Dec. 13, 2004)

Seriously, America. Can you imagine the man who says this kind of stuff negotiating with world leaders? A man who says you have to “treat women like shit?”

I’ve heard many a Trump supporter say they support him because and “he says what people think but don’t want to say.” If that’s the case, people aren’t thinking about much other than insults ’cause that’s pretty much all the man can offer. He certainly hasn’t articulated any sort of plan.

“Make America Great Again,” Donald Trump? America already is great.

Stop it. Please. For the love, stop it! Wake up, America!

Thanks to Politico for the quote sources. They’re all from here.

Image: Michael Vadon/Wikimedia Commons

1. I completely agree. Initially his running was funny to me because it was like a big joke. It stopped being funny when people started to support him in earnest. Now I’m terrified of the prospect of him actually winning.

Liked by 6 people

March 4, 2016
  2. The reason he’s is so popular with the people he’s popular with is that most of them think and believe what he says. The reason those Republicans haven’t gone after them is that they want those voters. Gimmee a break.

Trump tells us that he is a great businessman. Since when did a business strategy become that you bankrupt your business. Of course, if your business is scamming people like he did with Trump University, then you are totally bankrupt.

I don’t understand why at least one Republican didn’t walk off that stage when Trump started lambasting Megan Kelly and women in general. That Republican would have received so much press coverage it would have been yuge.

Liked by 5 people

3. Stephen McDaniel #

Electing Donald Trump might have one completely unintentional but beneficial effect – it might finally convince the American citizen that you cannot elect someone to solve your problems. In very large measure, the people we elect ARE the problem. We elect people who have only one agenda – their own. They don’t care about our issues and problems, they don’t care about the country, they care about what they care about. Whether they are ideologues, thieves, fat cats, or any other species of fungus, they will never solve our problems or make things better. It is insanity to believe otherwise (the definition of which is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result).
    Trump would trash the country, and there would be no way for the idiots that voted for him to explain it away. (Forgive the rant, please).

Liked by 1 person

March 4, 2016
  4. Terrific post, Robert, sharing!

Liked by 1 person

5. Reblogged this on mira prabhu and commented:
    Robert (101 Posts) says: “I’ll apologize ahead of time for the political nature of this post. But I had to write it. I’m currently watching the nation I love inch closer and closer to electing a womanizing, unabashed racist, vile excuse for a human being as president. And I’m embarrassed.” Me too, embarrassed I mean, and scared not just for America but for our planet, which is why I, who do not care generally about politics and suchlike, share about the nightmare that hangs over our heads if DT actually wins…read the rest of Robert’s post, please!

March 4, 2016
    • Not to mention this comment that DT made “The hardest thing for me about raising kids has been finding the time. I know friends who leave their business so they can spend more time with their children, and I say, ‘Gimme a break!’” (New York magazine, Dec. 13, 2004)

I mean really, if he doesn’t even have time for his kids how or why would he find time for our country!

Liked by 1 person

March 5, 2016
  6. Reblogged this on Political Opinion and commented:
    It has been an exciting election season in the US. By the time I turn around to write about something two days ago, the situation changes. Here is something to ponder on, while I try to figure out my own writing.

March 4, 2016
  7. I am absolutely terrified! Unfortunately because so many of us treated his candidacy as a joke in the beginning, it’s now beginning to look as though he may actually walk away with the GOP nomination, brokered convention aside. I also blame in part the media for this. I think they’ve let him get away with far more than any other candidate. So have the other candidates. It’s only now that they’re starting to focus on things like “Trump University” and his hiring of illegal immigrants. And I’m not even going to get started on his racism and and misogyny and his views on using torture illegally. Honestly, it’s like watching a train wreck. You want to look away but there’s this kind of horrific fascination with it all. Did you watch the debate last night. God! I kept wanting to turn off the mud wrestling/sideshow, but I couldn’t quite manage it. 😦

Liked by 1 person

March 4, 2016
    • Last night’s debate was like seeing train wreck…you want to look away, but you can’t. I could not believe the antics that were happening on that stage. Although there was a very strange dynamic/vibe that was happening: you had Trump, Cruz, and Rubio all going at it, and then Kasich would actually answer the questions while trying to stay above the fray.I’m afraid to see where all of this is heading…

Liked by 1 person

March 4, 2016
  8. He gave the number one reason why he can never be allowed to become president last night. When asked whether the military would execute his illegal orders, Trump insisted they would because he was the one who would be giving them. He is a Banana Republican.

Liked by 1 person

9. Laura #

Yes, absolutely! Did you hear him say that “I have the best words”? Seriously?

March 4, 2016
  10. I find it hard these days to not be political too. I mean, for godsake, his candidacy is revolting and embarrassing. He’s the typical ugly American. People need to wake up and pay attention, regardless of their political leanings.

March 4, 2016
  11. Thank you for sharing this post! I never really comment on political posts but this was really insightful, especially the phrases said by him show his true personality.

12. portapatetcormagis #

You know what? You don’t even have to be US citizen to be worried that this guy could be elected.
    On one hand I think that if US people elect him: well, they got what they asked for. The USA is far away.
    But then it is a huge country with effects on foreign policy and economy in so many ways. There will be an impact.
    How can people believe what DT says? I know there are prejudices about intelligence and education of Americans. But I refuse to believe that there are so many stupid people.

Liked by 1 person

13. Reblogged this on My Writing Journey and commented:
    I normally try to stay away from politics in this blog, since it’s not really the focus. But how can one not be appalled at the state of the current election? Robert Bruce pretty much summed it up here, in Trump’s own disgusting words.

14. Reblogged this on Adventures of a Book Addict and commented:
    Normally I stay very far away from politics, especially here on my blog. However, after watching last night’s debate and seeing the general direction of this election, it tends to make any person sit up and pay attention to the possible future direction our country is taking. For those of you whom this offends, I apologize. However, Donald Trump has said many things that offend me and this piece written by Robert is an excellent read for some food for thought.

March 4, 2016
  15. Thanks for your clarity concerning Trump’s true nature.

March 4, 2016
  16. My surprise was that they only came up with 20!

17. Oh wow, just wow.

March 4, 2016
  18. Very sad days. My mum’s sister who lives in Houston supports Trump, and my mum thinks he’s great. They are people who like simplistic answers – not even answers, but they like the promise that all you have to do is shout loudly and sound convincing and everything is solved.

March 5, 2016
  19. Antoinette Atanasoff #

One of the best commentary’s written. He may come close but he will not be President, his own words will defeat him. “Blessed are those that are cracked – for they will let the light in”.

March 5, 2016
  20. Reblogged this on Norbert Haupt and commented:
    A superb post about why Trump should never be president. The blogger shows 20 quotes by Trump where he basically indicts himself.

March 5, 2016
  21. YES.

March 8, 2016
  22. I cannot say enough about why DT should not be president, but your 20 shared DT quotes are a really good start. Imagine this person negotiating with world leaders. *shudder*

Liked by 1 person

March 8, 2016
  23. You are voting for someone who says nice things, not on their substance. You continue to talk about how he say things and not what he is saying.

You can’t defend America with flowery words. He is strong on immigration. Strong repealing common core. Strong on jobs. Strong on trade. He supports the farmers and ranchers. He is ending PC culture, Trump is the man. The ultra-left war on free speech will go. Teaching homosexualism in grade school will go. We will continue to serve pork at school cafeterias no-matter what the Muslims think.

Grow some thick skin.

March 12, 2016
  24. Apparently you know words a whole lot better than you know people, and you apparently know the media none at all, if you did, you would put less stock in what crosses their lips than what The Donald said.
    Donald Trump knows people, Donald Trump knows words, Donald Trump had a football Team, and Donald Trump played football.
    You can be a Lemming all your life, like 99% of the people in Our Country, or you can wake up and smell the coffee.
    Racism???? I have yet to hear the truly oppressed mentioned, and I noticed you didn’t dare.
    Global Warming???? The Lemming in you is showing, be the book worm and look up the term “self-sustaining dynamo”. Next, look at pictures of The Galveston Sea Wall when it was built, and then say the word “sea level”. “Temperatures have risen over 1 degree since the 1800s”, OK Einstein. now tell me what this is based on since temperatures were NOT recorded all over the world until well into the 1900s. “Hole in the ozone layer” and “depleting the ozone”, refer to “Catatumbo Lightning”.
    Now, ask a Vulcanologist for an estimate of how may megatons of mercury, carbon monoxide, and other deadly gasses were spewed into the air during the eruption of just one of the killer volcano eruptions. Where did it all go? It went into Our one of a kind water purification system..
    They are dumping enriched nuclear waste and megatons of heavy metals into Our Earth Purification System, which has killed major numbers of what keeps the oceans alive.
    On Chinese products, research Chinese metals as far back as the early 1980’s, the metal was not made to SET STANDARDS AND SPECIFICATIONS, and this was documented many times in the oil industry, yet it was ignored. Now research all the oil spills involving pipelines since that time, it is possible to research ALL pipe used in each job. One last SMALL piece of evidence in the Chinese metal in Our oil industry: Research the metal used by BP in the Gulf Of Mexico Oil Spill several years ago
    One last thing Mr. Bruce, some of the people you chose to name and defend, won’t even defend the Laws of this Land, nor do they care much, if anything about Children.
    Hillary Clinton chooses to champion Planned Parenthood, research on fetal tissue is against the law, now you tell me why they were so interested in preserving some of the organs in LIVING CONDITION.
    I believe you will not be so quick to defend a Law Maker after you read this really well.
    None of these Law Makers have called for any charges against DHHS(CPS) to date.
    Sincerely,
    Robert Blackhorn StrongBow

March 19, 2016
  25. Reblogged this on Cynthia Pilcher, Author and commented:
    I agree with all of this! I wish people WOULD wake up and see what massive amount of damage this man would do if he becomes our President.

March 21, 2016
  26. I nominated you for the Real Neat Blog Award! Here’s the information: https://bookmouseblog.wordpress.com/2016/03/22/real-neat-blog-award/

March 22, 2016