A New Challenger For Worst Book Cover Ever
We have a new challenger for worst book cover ever.
Yes, I even think it is worse than this delightfully awful book cover.
We won’t even talk about the book’s topic itself–that’s a different discussion.
But let’s just take a look at the beauty that is this book cover.
Just marinate in that for a little bit. Enjoy it. Bathe in its beauty.
Now, let’s take an even closer look:
- Dad apparently lost his right hand and had a gun implant.
- Let’s assume dad’s hand is just hidden, why is the gun perpendicular to dad’s leg? Is that an open carry thing?
- Dad looks more feminine than mom. Does he trim his eyebrows? I think we might have lesbian open-carry parents here, an unusual demographic to be sure.
- Is dad wearing a cadet cap? Do we have a lesbian, hipster who open carries here? The demographic gets even more unusual.
- Mom is wearing jorts.
- The kid is sporting an Hawaiian shirt and some kind of hipster mullet hybrid hairstyle.
- The kid looks like a hobbit.
- The description at the bottom says “An Open Carry Adventure: Safe-Responsible-Fun.” Okay. If that’s how you define “fun.” But “safe” and “responsible?” Again, look at the position of dad’s gun. He’s about to blow his ACL into smithereens. What about this says safe and responsible?
- This entirely family has incredibly large eyes. They must be distant relatives of Amanda Seyfried. But she’s attractive. This family resembles some type of alien species.
This book cover—and let’s be honest, the book title and subject matter—is yet another example of why self-publishing gets a bad name. Except, oh, wait a minute, this was published by a “real” publisher, White Feather Press, that has a strange obsession with releasing books about open carry and gun culture in general.
I’m guessing, for about an extra $50, this publisher could’ve come up with a slightly better book cover.
Bless their hearts.
What did I miss about this book cover? Isn’t it amazing?