Let’s Play Literary Would You Rather! (5th Edition)
Here we go again.
It’s the fifth edition of Literary Would You Rather, a fun little game I started doing on the blog back in October 2012.
You know the drill, so let’s get started:
1) Would you rather be remembered like Ernest Hemingway (prolific novelist who battles depression and alcohol, kills himself) or remembered like Harper Lee (who only wrote one novel, To Kill A Mockingbird, never wrote again, and lives a presumably quiet, peaceful life)?
2) Would you rather learn how to write in your native language from right to left or learn how to speak fluent Chinese (assuming you don’t already speak fluent Chinese)?
3) Would you rather write the famous novel or the famous screenplay based on the novel?
4) Would you rather have this guy’s mullet for the rest of your life:
Or George Orwell’s child molester mustache the rest of your life?
5) Would you rather have an 80-hour-a-week job that makes millions but only allows you to read one book a month, or have a 40-hour-a-week job that earns just enough to pay the bills but allows you to read as much as you want?
6) What’s your least favorite genre of books? Now, would you rather have life in prison with the ability, and time, to read every book you ever wanted, or live as a free person but be forced to only read books out of your least favorite genre for the rest of your life?
Thanks for playing! Feel free to write all your answers in the comments.
I’ll post my answers on Monday!