Gandalf, Dumbledore, & Aslan Talk Twilight

I think they have a point.

gandalf facebook

Twilight fans, chill out. It’s all in good fun.

Source: Write Drunk. Edit Sober.

1. Haha! Perfect! Truly twilight doesn’t deserve to be compared to any of these great writers and books.

2. Love it! Thanks!

3. beautyweetjewatjes #

haha awesome conversation between epic caracters 😀

4. Ha, I love this!

January 27, 2014
  5. Hilarious! I may not be a Martin fan, but at least there are dragons in place of sparkly bad boys.

January 27, 2014
  6. This is my new favorite post!

7. J.R.Barker #

I’ve read this many times before, but it still makes me smile 🙂

January 27, 2014
    • First time I had seen it. Figured it had been around for a while.

January 27, 2014
  8. Perhaps compare Twilight with all these magnificent books can be taken as an insult… for me, at least.

9. This is perfect.

10. Austa Gio #

Oh my lord lol this is too funny!

January 27, 2014
  11. haha.., vampire sucks!

12. Reblogged this on Constant streams… and commented:
    No offense to Twilight fans. Of course I’ve never read any George R.R. Martin either. Anyone recommend?

January 27, 2014
    • Martin’s Song of Ice and Fire series (Game of Thrones is the first book) is something I’d conditionally suggest. The first three books are fantastic, but books 4 and 5 slow down a lot. I can understand that happening to a longer series, it happened to The Wheel of Time as well. Between the two, I’d suggest Robert Jordan’s Wheel of Time (the first book is titled The Eye of the World) in large part because it’s a finished series.

That’s the biggest problem with Martin’s series to me, I’m not entirely convinced that it will ever be finished. He’s an older guy, and he writes at a very slow pace. When he finished book 4 there was a letter in the back of the book to his fans saying that book 4 was getting to be too large, so he split it in half, and the other half of book 4 became book 5. He also said that he would have book 5 out within a year or so of book 4 coming out. It didn’t come out for another 6 years. At one point, he hadn’t even updated his website with information about the book for over 3 years. I don’t know if he’s written himself into a corner or if he’s just sick of the story, but his writing is going at a rather glacial pace. He’s also said that if he dies before he finishes the story, he doesn’t want anyone else to finish it for him. (Robert Jordan died before finishing The Wheel of Time, and the last three books were written by Brandon Sanderson.)

January 27, 2014
      • Thanks 🙂 The main thing that had dissuaded me from starting Wheel of Time was that friends of mine (who knew I loved Tolkien and Robin Hobb) had told me it was very complex and political, and overly slow, political books had never attracted me very much. That’s in addition to the author passing away leaving the series unfinished (last I’d heard). But I’m a bit older now so maybe I’d enjoy it.

How does one handle reading a series that may never be finished? I read the first six Harry Potter novels in six days a year before the seventh came out (it may have been seven in seven days, because I remember waiting on the last book), and did not enjoy the wait at all.

How did you like the Sanderson novels to finish Wheel of Time? That’s what I’d be wary of…reading so many novels to find the last three weren’t the same or as good.

January 27, 2014
        • You can tell that there are a few differences between the way that Sanderson writes and the way that Jordan wrote. Sanderson was a fan of Jordan’s work, and he really appreciated the series and did an excellent job of finishing it. There are one or two characters who seem a little different after Sanderson took over, but it’s not really that big of a difference.

I’m also a huge fan of Sanderson’s books in general, and I’m glad he was chosen to finish The Wheel of Time, he did a great job with it.

January 28, 2014
      • kingkiller awaits #

Agree, at the pace he writes(JRR Martin), he will die before he finishes, but now we can count on HBO to finish it for him… :p

May 13, 2014
  13. alysinunderland #

Fantastic! (But technically, George R.R Martin wrote his books before Stephanie Meyer)

14. Reblogged this on Austin E. Stanton and commented:
    This is awesome

15. Art3misSmith #

This will be the story I tell my children before they go to bed 😛
    It’s epic! (and true!)

16. Art3misSmith #

Reblogged this on and commented:
    This is the story I will be telling my children before they go to bed every night. ♥

17. I love this so much.

January 27, 2014
  18. Reblogged this on Rosevoc2's Blog.

January 27, 2014
  19. There are two you left out of your analysis. Anne Rice and Stephen King. You know it is easy to spot the Meyeristas. They sparkle. When you see them coming, run like hell.

January 28, 2014
  20. What are people’s thoughts about the Hunger Games trilogy?

January 28, 2014
  21. Reblogged this on Wine goes best with a good book and commented:
    This is pretty funny! As one who fell into the whole of Twilight to then see the error of my ways I have to agree a bit. It’s fun, but in the end equates to one of those embarrassing moments of our youth we try to pretend we didn’t take part in.

January 28, 2014
  22. Reblogged this on The World Through My Pen and commented:
    I just had to share this.

January 28, 2014
  23. Reblogged this on Words and other such dilemmas and commented:
    Every Fantasy lover needs to read this post

January 28, 2014
  24. That’s hilarious! Totally agree!

January 28, 2014
    • Actually, now that I think about it… It’s just that people compare Meyer to other fantasy writers when they really shouldn’t. She’s not even in the same league. It’s like Draco Malfoy pretending to compete with Voldemort (though, with the power of Rowling’s characterization, he did triumph over Voldemort in the end).

January 28, 2014
  25. I just shared this with my husband. Oh, the giggles!

January 29, 2014
  26. HAha too funny. I have to admit, as a Twilight fan (don’t judge), I’m a little offended, but as an even bigger Lord of the Rings fan, I think this is hilarious! lol

Best Books Of..

January 30, 2014
  27. Reblogged this on Angelica's Blog.

February 1, 2014
  28. Brilliant. An epic in itself although to have twilight considered in the same category seems like an affront!

February 1, 2014
  29. kat #

I love this post soooooooooooo much !!!!!!

February 12, 2014
  30. Dinara #

Good one 🙂

March 10, 2014
  31. kingkiller awaits #

R U Kidding, Martin is nowhere near the other 3. Its been nearly 2 decades and he’s not even close to finish. No, the true heir of the genre is Pat… Rothfuss is the next one to be counted amongst the great fantasy writers!!!

May 13, 2014
  32. hai …salam kenal dari http://www.cetakkaosmurah.com

June 24, 2014
  33. It’s still stunning to see how many times he lied, but this shouldn’t come as a surprise.
    Cartier love bracelet lady stainless steel http://cartierlovebraceletunisexstainlesss.blogspot.com/

January 8, 2015

Trackbacks & Pingbacks

1. Plenty of reading! :D Now for a plan. | Constant streams...