A Game Of Literary Would You Rather…?
Ever played “Would You Rather…?”
If not, it goes something like this: You’re asked a question in which you must weigh unpleasant or pleasant possibilities and decide which one you would rather do.
For instance, would you rather eat 10 rotten fish in one sitting or have uncontrollable and highly noticeable nose hair for one day?
Tough choice, right?
So, today, partly inspired by the Gilbert Gottfried question in my 20 Questions series, as well as this post about the howling skitters versus the howling fantods, I thought we could play a game of Literary Would You Rather…
Join me…won’t you?
1. Would you rather write a crappy book that is critically panned but sells millions of copies (and makes you millions of dollars) or write an award-winning book that sells a few thousand and leaves you in relative obscurity?
2. Would you rather live and die alone or live and die with Scarlett O Hara?
3. Think about the book you hate the most. Now, would you rather have that book as the only book you can read for the rest of your life, or would you rather live in a country where the standard greeting is sniffing each other’s armpits?
4. Would you rather have George Orwell’s moustache or Mark Twain’s moustache? See photos below.
5. Would you rather always have to read out loud—IN A VERY LOUD VOICE THAT EVERYONE AROUND YOU CAN HEAR—or be unable to read and always have someone read to you?
6. Would you rather have to do one push up after every single page of a book you read or have to run 5 miles (at once) after every whole book you read?
7. Would you rather be a literate bird or an illiterate dog?
Answer one question or two questions or all the questions. Whatever you would like. Just join in!
Hopefully, this will make for some interesting discussion. I’ll post my answers to all 7 questions on Monday.