Five Creepy Neuromancer Book Covers
What is it with Neuromancer and the creepy book covers?
After noticing a trend, I did an image search of the novel and came up with five book covers that may or may not give you the willies.
You tell me, which one is the creepiest? Here are the candidates:
1. As commenter Lunar Euphoria said, this one definitely has a 1980s feel. Reminds me of a Journey album cover. Something about those eyes.
2. I believe I read that this cover is for the Brazilian version of the book. You’ll also notice it over in the sidebar of my blog. Again, the eyes, or maybe it’s the lack of eyes on this one.
3. I don’t know exactly which version of the book this cover is from. But that’s a strange one. Quite a receding hairline on the guy whose head is protruding from red tile.
4. This one’s from the graphic novel adaption of Neuromancer. Takes the creepy factor to a new level.
5. Okay, I don’t know exactly what’s going on here, but the corpse-like pose, the closed-eyes, and the pale, bald head on this guy is a bit unsettling, yes?
From the first 22 books, Neuromancer, by far, has the most creepy book covers. My vote as the creepiest has to be #5.
Agree or disagree?