A 3-Year Blogaversary And A 3 Book Giveaway!
Today, 101 Books celebrates three years as a blog.
I’m pretty much done potty training, which might surprise some of you considering the amount of poop I spew on this blog.
Anyway, to celebrate, I’m going to give away three books today, following my usual giveaway process, so hang around (or skip down) to the end of this post for that.
First, though, I thought it might be a good time to go through some practical/fun/statistical nerd stuff related to the blog. You might not care, and that’s fine. If so, go ahead and skip down to the giveaway.
If you’re interested, here are some fun facts about 101 Books:
- The first post was on August 30, 2010. I wrote it while on vacation in Florida sitting on a couch looking out a window at the Atlantic Ocean.
- To date, 101 Books has 681 posts with 14,207 comments. The blog will pass 20,000 subscribers in the next month or so (wow!).
- The most popular post in the history of the blog remains Jonathan Franzen’s 10 Rules of Writing, though My 2-Year-Old Judges Books By Their Covers is trying to make a run for the top spot.
- My favorite post is also My 2-Year-Old Judges Books By Their Covers, but I also think the 101 Books Guide to Carrying an Embarrassing Book in Public is highly underrated.
- The top 10 non-email referrers to 101 Books are 1) search engines 2) WordPress.com Reader 3) Facebook 4) Twitter 5) StumbleUpon 6) Google Reader (now defunct) 7) Reddit 8) Story Cartel 9) Buzz Feed 10) Huffington Post
- The top 10 countries (by total visits) to 101 Books are 1) United States 2) United Kingdom 3) Canada 4) Australia 5) India 6) Germany 7) Philippines 8) Italy 9) Ireland 10) France.
- The top 3 search terms that lead to 101 Books are 1) disgusting words 2) the blah story 3) 101 books. To see some of the most unusual search terms, check out the Your Search Questions Answered series of posts.
Now, if you’ve made it this far, you deserve to take part in today’s giveaway to celebrate three years of 101 Books.
I’m giving away one book to three different winners. Which book? The winners will get to choose from any of the first 60 I’ve read from the Time list!
To enter, all you have to do is answer this question in the comments of today’s post:
What’s the longest novel you’ve ever read?
That’s it! I WILL NOT be posting on Monday because of Labor Day here in the United States, so you have until Tuesday morning at 7 AM U.S. Central Time to answer that question in the comments.
One more time: What’s the longest novel you’ve ever read? (My answer: A Dance To The Music Of Time)
Have a great weekend, and I’ll post the winners on Tuesday!
Thanks again for reading and supporting 101 Books for the last 3 years!